Thursday, October 13, 2005

Baseball?

Dsc02668_4 I always thought it would be important to get a ball and gloves to teach Oliver about baseball. We wouldn't want him to be in the dark concerning this all -American sport. And besides, when he's older and throwing rocks at the sea side, I don't want him "throwing like a girl!"

Joska, an American-born Hungarian is on our OM team with his wife Sandy, who lives in the apartment behind ours, just happened to have the smallest baseball gloves I've ever seen - one for a righty and one for a lefty.

At this point it is difficult to know what Oliver's dominant hand will be, but I won't be surprised if he's a lefty. All the more reason to teach him to pitch. If he makes it as a lefty, he could take good care of us in our old age!

So bring your ball and glove and meet us in the park. We'll be ready. Exciting, huh?

~matthew

No comments: