Thursday, February 9, 2006

Daddo, What Doing?

Superman_1 Take a close look at the photo. I know it looks like superman standing on the window ledge, but it's actually me. Last weekend I had to put on my superman cape to save our son in trouble.

Let me set the story up. We were visiting our friends Apri & Andi in Pecs, having a wonderful time catching up after years of being away. (It was all the more wonderful because they shared their Starbucks coffee with me!) We decided that Oliver should take a nap before we made the long drive back to Erd.

Oliver should have been taking a nap in the spare room/office, but he was not. I was going in to strongly encourage him to sleep for the third time when to my amazement, the door was locked.

If you look at the picture, the two windows on the right belong to the bedroom, the two on the left, the sealed prison our toddler was unknowingly trapped in. While Arpi was at the door, trying to coach Oliver to reinsert the skeleton key and twist it I looked for a phone booth.

Dsc03074 The roller binds on the spare room were down and only one of the windows was tilted. So, while standing on 8 inches of ledge, I somehow pulled one roller up, opened the second window and pulled its roller up as well. All the while, Oliver asking the question, "Daddo, what doing?" I tumbled through the opened window and asked some questions of my own.Dsc03080_1

Because Oliver had no nap, he fell asleep in the car on the way home. Check out Melinda's creative resourcing to keep Oliver's head in place. Funny.

No comments: