The neighbors' dog/A szomszédaink kutyája
We used to like dogs. I (Melinda) had a dog for 13 years who was like a member of our family. I used to go to dog shows and buy magazines about dogs. I don't like dogs any more. As sad it is to say it, it is true. I have come a long way. I still think that some dogs are cute and lovable, but the focus is on the word some. The rest bark. They annoy our walks and our sleep (if you live in this corner of the world, you know what I am talking about!). This includes our neighbors' dog, Sziszi. She is a great dog, or should I say she would be if she was not chained up most of the time. She wants to come over and play. She wants to run around. She can't. Therefore she barks. I need to add that we have an excellent relationship with our neighbors, yet we have not been able to make significant progress considering the dog. So we took action. Matthew ordered this gizmo. As you can see, it promises us a good life. Not that the quality of our life depends on the dog, but its noise level certainly does. The thingy is supposed to be triggered by the barking sound and release a sound in return that is really annoying for the noisemaker. Negative conditioning. The first days' results are inconclusive. Research continues as to whether the gadget works. We'll keep you posted.Régen szerettük a kutyákat. Nekem volt is kutyám 13 évig, aki családtagnak számított. Kutyakiállításokra jártam és kutyamagazinokat vásároltam. Már nem szeretem a kutyákat. Szörnyű ezt kimondani, mégis így van. Hosszú utat tettem meg. Még mindig úgy gondolom, hogy vannak kutyák, akik aranyosak és szeretnivalóak, de nem sokan. A többiek ugatnak. Zavarják a sétánkat és az alvásunkat (ha a világ ezen szögletében élsz, akkor szerintem tudod, miről beszélek!) Ez utóbbi csoportba tartozik sajnos szomszédunk kutyája, Sziszi is. Klassz kutya egyébként, pontosabban az lenne, ha nem élné élete nagy részét láncra kötve. Szeretne átjönni játszani. Szeretne futkározni. De nem tud. Tehát akkor ugat. Hozzá kell tennem, hogy kitűnő a kapcsolatunk a szomszédainkkal, de a kutyát illetően nem sikerült számottevő előrehaladást elérnünk. Ezért a tettek mezejére léptünk és Matt megrendelte ezt a kütyüt. A márkanévről láthatjátok, "jó életet" ígér nekünk. Nem mintha az életünk minősége a kutyától függne, de a zajszintje mindenképp. Szóval a masina a kutya ugatására egy olyan hangot bocsát ki, mely zavarja a négylábú zajkeltőt. Negatív kondicionálás. Az első napok nem hoztak egyértelmű eredményt. A kutatás tovább folyik, hogy felderítsük, működik-e a gizmó. Majd beszámolunk.
7 comments:
Wow! Where did you find this? I didn't know there was such a thing! I sure hope it works. We remember well how irritating her Sziszi's bark was! It will be very interesting to hear the how this turns out!
Actually Matt found it online and Brent sent it to us. We haven't really seen a breakthrough though. I think the real one would be if our neighbors realized that this dog needs a life! :)
Oh my gosh! Was just checking Alex's blog and thought of you guys. The neighbor to the west of us has a barking dog! No different in West Central. If this thing works, let me know! Alex's neighbor's dog is on her blog too, funny. Please give the boys a fond hello? I still have Oliver's Christmas present here.
p.s. alexgump.blogspot
I just realized there are some good sides to the Belgian houses and gardens being so small. They rarely keep dogs here in the city :-)
Hi Rhonda!
We checked out Alex's blog - thanks for the link! Our neighbors' dog in West Central was quiet, but not here. Maybe we should all move to Belgium! :)
We used to work with OM Hungary...I remember the dogs well! I saw your address on Kitty's blog and wanted to check it out. Many blessings!
Molly Evert
http://www.counterculturalmom.blogspot.com
Thanks for your comment, Molly! I surely hope you also have fonder memories of Hungary than the dogs! :)
Thanks for your blog address, I was blessed to read some of the entries!
Blessings, Melinda
Post a Comment