Monday, May 25, 2009

Men at work/Munkálatok 1

A minap munkálatokat végeztek a házunkkal szemben. A gyerekeket persze nagyon érdekelte a dolog, én pedig igazi paparazzo (paparazza?)-hoz méltóan örökítettem meg az eseményeket a függöny mögül. Hogy miért is? Egyszerűen lenyűgöz ez a magyar munkamorál, ahol 9 emberre van szükség ahhoz, hogy ezt a mintegy 15 perces tódozás-fódozási munkát elvégezzék.

The other day there were some men doing construction work right across from our house. The boys were of course very interested, and I recorded the events like a real paparazzo (paparazza?) from behind the curtain. And why exactly did I do that? Well, I am simply fascinated by how things get done in Hungary: you need 9 people to complete this 15-minute job.




Ezer bocsánat, helyesbítek: 10 emberre volt szükség. Ez a szaki éppen most fejezte be a cigarettaszünetét.
Oops, sorry, I need to make a correction: they actually needed 10 people. This guy just finished his cigarette break.


























Íme, a befejezett mű! Bámulatos, nem? :)
Voila, the finished work! Impressive, isn't it? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not just Hungary ... a couple of years ago Is at behind a curtain watching a team of about 25 men retarmac a road. The road was only 20metres long!

Cathy

Bristol Grandma said...

Our highway department is famous for leaning on their shovel, and watching one man do the work. Isn't this the way it's supposed to be?

m+m said...

Well, it's an international phenomenon then! :) I don't know if that should make me feel better or worse?? M.