You may have noticed that we haven't posted a lot recently. :) This is partly due to technical reasons: our computer died and just got resurrected by my brother. Because of some issues, however, I still can't attach pictures, etc. The other reason is that I realized that we spent way too much time at the computer. Because of my work I had to, but I also spent a lot of extra hours, whole evenings online. Among other things, my eyesight and my back have deteriorated a lot this past year, largely due to the computer I believe. Now that I don't have to spend hours getting ready for my classes and communicating with my students (though I do still have seven thesis writers that I work with), I enjoyed some wonderful computer-free evenings. I have read some great books. I picked up my guitar again. I have been more involved in ministry. Some friends called me to talk ("You haven't updated your blog recently! How are you guys?") and we had a great conversation instead of us checking out each other's blogs and thus maintaining a virtual and false friendship in my opinion.
Anyway, we may be back sometime or we may not. I am not sure. Matthew may start posting like crazy now that the weather is bad and he can't work outside. :) We shall see.
Talán észrevettétek, hogy mostanában nem nagyon írogattunk. :) Ennek egyrészt technikai okai vannak: meghalt a gépünk, tesócskám nemrég keltette életre. Bizonyos okok miatt még mindig nem tudok képet felrakni, stb. A másik ok az, hogy rájöttem, rengeteg időt töltünk a gép előtt. A munkám miatt kellett is, de nagyon sok plusz órát, teljes estéket töltöttem a neten. Többek között a látásom és a hátam is sokat romlott az elmúlt évben, ami szerintem nagyrészt a gépezésnek köszönhető. Most, hogy nem kell órákat töltenem azzal, hogy az óráimra készülök és kommunikálok a diákjaimmal (bár még mindig van hét szakdolgozóm, akikkel konzultálok), nagyon jól esett néhány számítógépmentes estét eltöltenem. Elolvastam pár klassz könyvet. Megint elkezdtem gitározni. Többet vettem részt a szolgálatban. Néhány barátnőm felhívott ("Mostanában nem blogoltok! Hogy vagytok?") és jót beszélgettünk ahelyett, hogy mindketten elolvastuk volna egymás blogját és ezáltal fenntartottunk volna egy virtuális, és szerintem hamis barátságot.
Szóval lehet, hogy visszatérünk, lehet, hogy nem, nem tudom. Lehet, hogy Matt fog elkezdeni nagy buzgón blogot írni, mivel rossz az idő és nem tud kint dolgozni. :) Majd meglátjuk.
4 comments:
de kar...en szivesen olvasgattam...K.Bea
I wondered how you were.
xxxx
:-( Én nagyon élveztem a blogotokat. De megértem az okokat...
time to come out of retirement me thinks...
Post a Comment