
As has been tradition for nearly every year spent in Hungary, I watched the Super Bowl live. This year I invited myself to a friend's house in Budapest. It would be a stretch to call it a party. The group consisted of some foreign missionaries who were quite tired and a hand-full of Hungarians wondering what the big deal was. By the fourth quarter, there were only four of us left. Everyone else had either gone home or fallen asleep - completely understandable - kick off time was just after midnight! But what a fourth quarter, eh?
So I left my friend's house at 4:15 am in order to catch the 4:25 train back to Tatabanya. However, when I arrived at the train station I was disappointed to learn that the engineers were striking - something they've been doing a lot of these days. So I had to wait for a 7:30 bus. It was difficult to stay awake and warm, but I finally made it home and to bed at 9 am!
Well done, Giants!
2 comments:
Great photo! That catch was amazing! Glad you were able to watch... sorry about train ride home. :-}
Kathryn E.
Last year, I went to a pub to watch the game which didn't end until the wee hours. I feel your pain. Nonetheless, it was great to see a bunch of English kids wearing Colts jerseys and to tell them that that was my homestate team. :)
Post a Comment