Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Men at work/Munkálatok 2

Sorozatunk második részeként szeretnék bemutatni két másik munkásembert. Igaz, hogy még kiskorúak, de szívtelen édesanyjuk mégis arra kényszeríti őket, hogy házimunkát végezzenek. A minap megkértem őket egy kis porszívózásra, amíg én leszedem a ruhákat. Olivér mostanában nincs oda az említett házimunkáért, így cserét kezdeményezett. Mondtam, hogy részemről OK, velem igazán lehet tárgyalni! Mostanában annyira jópofák együtt, hogy még ebből a nem túl izgalmas feladatból is játékot csináltak. Íme néhány kép:

As the second part of our series, I would like to introduce you to two other men at work. Although they are still minors, their heartless mother forces them to do housework. The other day I asked them to do a little vacuuming while I collect the dry clothes. Since Oliver hasn't been so fond of the aforementioned chore, he initiated that we trade. I told him fine, I am flexible! They have been so much fun together recently that they made this otherwise dull activity into a game. Here are some pictures:




















































Mielőtt még valaki azt hinné, hogy tökéletesek a gyerekeim, hadd közöljem elsőkézből, hogy nem, nem azok! Hála Istennek! Sokszor megy a nyafogás, hogy "nincs kedvem" ezt vagy azt megcsinálni, de ezeket igen röviden le szoktam zárni azzal, hogy bizony nekem "sincs kedvem" és én is szívesebben olvasgatnék egy fotelban minthogy főzök, mosok, takarítok (pláne mostanában! :) Én nem szeretném, ha olyan linkek lennének, mint sajnos sok felnőtt vagy hogy majd a feleségük gürizzen, miközben ők a fotelból kritizálják...

Hát így vagyok én ezzel. Sokszor eszembe jut egyik kedvenc mondásom az anyaságról, amit sajnos nem tudok nagyon frappánsan lefordítani: "Kicserélem a világot - pelenkánként" vagy valahogy így. Nagyon sokszor nehéz. Fárasztó. Idegesítő. (Van, aki egyetértően bólogat, vagy csak én érzem így??) De Isten erre hívott el. Ez olyan, mint egy lelki befektetés. Sok kicsit sokra megy (és persze itt már rég nem csak a házimunkáról beszélek!!!).

Bár hozzá kell tennem, hogy a mondás kicsit sántít, ugyanis már Benjámin is nagyfiús lett. Éjszakára is. Tehát örömmel hirdetem, hogy kis lakunk teljesen pelenkamentes övezet - még vagy 7 hétig!!! :))

Before anyone thinks that my children are perfect, let me quickly claim firsthand that no, they are not! Praise God! There is oftentimes whining about "not wanting to" to a chore, but I usually cut these short saying that many times I am not "wanting to" either and would rather read in an armchair than cook, clean and do laundry (especially these days! :). I don't want them to grow up to be irresponsible like many adults are unfortunately, or to have their wives slave around, while they criticize them from their lazy-boys...

Well, this is my two cents about this issue. I am often reminded of one of my favorite sayings about motherhood: "Changing the world - one diaper at a time." Many times it is hard. Tiring. Frustrating. (Do I hear anyone say 'amen' or am I the only one feeling this way??) But God called me to do this. It is like a spiritual investment. Small steps hopefully amounting to giant leaps (and
of course I am not speaking only about doing chores any more!!!)

By the way, I have to add that the saying is not completely right for us, as Benjamin has become a big boy as well - for the night, too. So I can proudly announce that our house is a diaper-free zone - for around 7 more weeks!!! :))

5 comments:

Bristol Grandma said...

Good job - men at work. Glad you are diligent at the training -- it is hard work.

Anonymous said...

Amen! Are you blogging from my home? Child labor, potting training, impending arrival of baby #3. Oh wait! We still have 13 weeks left!
Many blessings as you sprint to the finish. (:

Debbie P.

Anonymous said...

oops, that would be POTTY-training. (:

Anonymous said...

Nagyon edik! En ilyen tipusu pasikat almodnek am a lanyaimnak!
K.Bea

m+m said...

Carol: Well, unfortunately I am not always diligent, but trying...

Debbie: I am glad our lives are so similar at the moment. :) Please do let us know when number 3 arrives (matthewmelinda at gmail dot com)

Bea: Rendben, beszélhetünk olyan 20 év múlva! :)) Remélem, jól utaztatok!