Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sour cherry harvest/Meggyszüret

Here is a little account of what we are doing to keep busy waiting for the baby in the summer heat. Although our yard is pretty bare, our neighbors have some fruit trees, so with their permission and encouragement we attacked the sour cherry tree.

Csak egy kis beszámoló arról, mikkel is foglalatoskodunk a meleg nyári babavárás közepette. Bár a mi kertünk igen kopár, a szomszédékéban van egy jópár gyümölcsfa, így a bácsi engedélye, sőt bíztatása után megtámadtuk a meggyfát.
Pitting the cherries (it's a handy little tool and Oliver worked hard, but it still left quite a few pits in and needed a check-up so nobody would crack their teeth)
Magozás (ügyes ez a kis szerkezet és Olivér is jó munkát végzett, de még így is bent maradt egy jópár mag, úgyhogy ellenőrzésre volt szükség, hogy nehogy valakinek kitörjön a foga)
Sour cherry soup: these cold fruit soups are very popular in the summer!
Hideg meggyleves: a legkirályabb nyáron!
Sour cherry cake (by the time I remembered to take a picture, this is all that was left :)
Meggyes süti (mire észbe kaptam, hogy lefotózzam, már csak ennyi maradt :)

3 comments:

Bristol Grandma said...

Yum, yum, I was actually pitting cherries last evening - late, was determined to finish before going to bed. Your cherries look much better. We found a few worms in ours - fish bait anyone??? We had a friend that let me, Abigail and Amelia pick cherries. We are having cherry cobbler today - great grandma Mid loves it!

aje said...

Mmmmm.....looks great. I have never had cherry soup, or any kind of cold fruit soup before, but it sounds great. I am sure I'd love it! Can you send me some?????

m+m said...

Yes, sure, Jen! :)

I think they are really easy to make and very refreshing in the summer! You may want to give them a try.