Monday, August 3, 2009

Apja lánya/Daddy's girl

Miriam a hazajövetele utáni első pár napon ideális baba volt. Evett. Aludt. Bírta a bátyjai szenvedélyes testvéri szeretetét. Nem panaszkodott. Mikor fent volt, szépen nézelődött. Mikor letettem, szó nélkül elaludt. A hangját sem lehetett hallani. Persze tapasztalt anyukaként jól tudtam, ezt az idilli állapotot még valószínűleg a szülés általi kóma okozta és mindez változni fog, ezért élveztem minden percét. :) És valóban, mostanában azért már vannak a kisasszonynak nyűgösebb időszakai és igen, van hangja, nem is akármilyen! Hála Istennek van egy nagyon nyugodt és kiegyensúlyozott férjem, mert én nehezebben viselem a sírást és a nyűglődést. Hiába már a harmadik gyerekünk, amikor benne vagyunk, úgy érzem, hogy SOHA, de értitek, SOHA AZ ÉLETBEN nem fogja abbahagyni az ordítást!!! A híres magyar optimizmusom, igaz? :)

Az alábbi képeken megörökítettem néhány hatékony, ámbár első ránézésre igen furcsa technikát, amivel Matt szokta lenyugtatni a kislányát. :)

In the days after coming home, Miriam was an ideal baby. She ate. She slept. She endured the boys' passionate brotherly love towards her. She didn't complain. When she was up, she was contentedly looking around. When I put her down, she went to sleep without a peep. We didn't hear her voice at all. Well, as an experienced mom I knew that this idyllic state was probably induced by the coma of birthing and won't last long, so I savored every moment of it. :) And lo and behold, we learned that the little lady does have fussy times and she has quite a voice too! Praise God that I have a calm and well-balanced husband, because I lose heart easily when it comes to crying and fussing. Even though she is our third, when we are in the midst of it, I am thinking that she will NEVER, but seriously NEVER EVER will stop yelling!!! You see, Hungarians are famous for their optimism! :))

The pictures below capture a few effective, though seemingly strange, techniques that Matthew uses to calm his daughter. :)

6 comments:

aje said...

Very sweet, though the second picture looks scary (looks like her head is going to fall off! ;) ) and the last picture is hilarious! I love that one! Way to go, Matt! :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Matt! SHE will have you trained yet!!!!! Hang in there, Melinda. I also had trouble with the fussiness. Cassi and I did lots of pacing at my house. Love, Tina C.

Bristol Grandma said...

I think she just likes to "hang" out. So glad that daddo is helping with the fussy times.

Tasvezer said...

:-)
Go, daddy, go, go!
I'd love to hold her too!
After reading your post it occurred to me that I'll have to find a girlfriend who can put up with crying because I can't either, just like you. :-)

Ro said...

Ahh, my 3rd has been my fussiest too and the loudest, LouDest, LOUDEST!! He can scream like I've never heard a child scream before! He has gotten better, but not quieter (just doesn't last as long!) Or maybe God has given me the ability to handle it better! I'll be praying for that both happen!

andi said...

Árpi mindig számolt (!!!!!) Ninának, amikor nem akarta abbahagyni a nyügit. És működött! Mindez persze úgy, hogy én már mindent megpróbáltam előtte...hiába, van valami abban, hogy az apa meg a lánya között van valami különleges kapcsolat....