Sunday, November 7, 2010

Budapest Zoo

Az őszi szünetben pár napot Pesten töltöttem a gyerekekkel a szüleimnél. Látogatásunk egyik fénypontja az volt, hogy elmentünk az állatkertbe. Nekem nosztalgia is volt, hiszen gyerekként sokszor voltam már ott, mégis új élmény a rengeteg újítás miatt, nomeg ugye régen nem volt velem három (azaz négy) gyerek...

Last week was fall break at school, so I went up to Budapest to my parents' house for a few days with the kids. One of the highlights of our visit was going to the zoo. For me it was a nostalgic day as I had gone there frequently as a child, but it was still a new experience because of the many new developments they have, plus of course in the old days I didn't have three (actually four) kids with me...

Az összes unokatesó a híres elefántos bejáratnál - All the cousins at the entrance
Egyik kedvencem, a víziló - One of my favorites, the hippo
Zebrás fiú a zebrával - Zebra boy with the zebra
Egy pár portré - A few portraits
A medve (milyen érdekes, a mesékben meg plüssállatként cuki, életben már nem annyira) Olivérrel a háttérben - nagyon remélem, az üveges jó munkát végzett!

The bear (how interesting that it is portrayed as cute in cartoons and as a stuffed toy, but it is not so much in real life) with Oliver in the background - I sure hope the guy did a good job installing the glass!
Majomcsalád - Monkey family
Miriamnak nagyon tetszett az állatsimogató - Miriam really liked the petting zoo
Jaaaj! - Oouch!
A fiúk legyőzték a vadállatot - The boys overcame the wild beast


3 comments:

aje said...

looks like fun! sure wish their other two cousins could have joined them on this fun trip, too! maybe someday! :)

Bristol Grandma said...

Looks like a great zoo. Great pictures Melinda.

Tasvezer said...

Nice pictures. Although there was one of them, I think the 5th, about which I couldn't really decide if it's Matt after not shaving for a few days or it's an inhabitant of the zoo ;)