We would like to start the account of the evening with a little quiz. Here we go!
Guess which event was NOT part of the program:
a. Welcome speech by the representative from our district
b. Raffles
c. A song performed by the teachers
d. A belly dancing show
Well?
Yes, you are right, the correct answer is "c"! The teachers didn't sing but there was a thirty minute belly dancing performance! What does the pre-school have to do with belly dancing? Well, hopefully nothing whatsoever, so we were quite surprised! Welcome to liberal Europe! As proof, scroll down for a picture (Don't worry, I - Melinda - took it and yes, I clicked when the ladies were veiled! :)
Péntek este résztvettünk életünk első óvodabálján. Hogy mi is ez? Ez egy olyan este, amikor az óvodai dolgozók, szülők és a kerület más lakói összejönnek és a bál összes bevételét az óvoda felújítására fordítják. Mint felelősségteljes és lelkes szülők úgy éreztük, hogy ott a helyünk, hogy támogassuk Olivér oviját.
Az estéről szóló beszámolót egy elgondolkodtató kérdéssel kezdenénk. Íme:
Találjátok ki, melyik műsorszám NEM szerepelt a programok között:
a. Területi képviselőnk köszöntő beszéde
b. Tombola
c. Az óvónénik énekelőadása
d. Hastáncbemutató
Nos?
Igen, valóban, a helyes válasz a "c"! Az óvónénik nem énekeltek, de volt egy kb. fél órás hastánc bemutató! Hogy mi köze az óvodának a hastánchoz? Nos, reményeink szerint az égvilágon semmi, így igen meg voltunk lepődve! Íme a dokumentáció. (Nem kell aggódni, én - Melinda - fényképeztem és igyekeztem akkor kattintani, mikor a hölgyek fátyolozott állapotban voltak :)
Volt tombola is. Matt ezt szerette volna megnyerni:
Sajnos nem sikerült. :(
As a compensation, we had German party music and dancing (yes, our son goes to a German heritage school! :)
Kárpótlásul viszont volt sramli zene és tánc (igen, német nemzetiségi óvodába jár a fiunk! :)
Jó mulatság volt. Viszlát jövőre veletek ugyanitt!
3 comments:
OK, are those evening gowns at a preschool fundraiser?!?!?!? Wow! Evening gowns and belly dancers....which outfit were you wearing, Melinda???? ;)
Jen
Well, of course I was wearing one of my many evening gowns! :) Seriously, Jen, I think Europeans are quite "middle of the way" in their clothes: they rarely wear tennis shoes and sweatshirts to anywhere but the store maybe, but there are very few occasions where you would wear a "formal"! I have never been to one!!! At this event people were dressed up but not evening gowns. Some wore traditional German costumes though (like the band and some in the crowd).
It appeared that two of the women in that picture are wearing what looks like evening gowns. I think I know what you mean about we, casual Americans. When we went to the wedding in Norway last spring, we were dazzled by the gorgeous formal-type dresses the women wore. It was beautiful. Made me want to get one! I would love to dress up like that every now and again!
By the way, I wanted to tell you that the picture of the band and the dancers is great. Very cool picture!
Jen
Post a Comment