Monday, June 9, 2008

Betegség/Illness

Az elmúlt pár napban mind a négyen átestünk egy ilyen torokgyulladásos izén. Olivér már túl van a nehezén, most Benjámin jön szegény! Íme elsőszülöttemmel folytatott mai beszélgetésem:

O: Fáj a torkom.
M: Sajnálom, drágám.
O: Úgy érzem, hogy a hangszálaim el vannak törve.
M (próbálok nem feltűnően mosolyogni): Értem.
O: A szívem is fáj.
M: A szíved??
O: Igen. Mintha egy madár lenne benne.
M: Ö, aha. És hol fáj a szíved?
O (mutatja): Itt a fejemben. A fejem is fáj.

Ebből mindenki, aki járt már az orvosi egyetem közelében, egyértelműen diagnosztizálhatja, hogy gyermekemnek torokgyulladása van (nomeg azt, hogy fantáziában nem szenved hiányt)! :)

In the past few days we have all been battling a strep throat kind of thing. Oliver is over the worst part, now it's Benjamin's turn! Here is the translation of a dialog I had with my firstborn today:

O: My throat hurts.
M: I am sorry, darling.
O: I think my vocal cords are broken.
M (trying not to smile too big): I see.
O: My heart hurts too.
M: Your heart??
O: Yes. Like there is a bird in it.
M: Uhm, OK. And where does your heart hurt?
O (pointing to his head): Here in my head. My head hurts too.

I am sure, after reading this, everyone who has been near a medical school can diagnose that my child has strep throat (and a great imagination too)! :)

1 comment:

Bristol Grandma said...

Poor thing, I know how painful that stuff can be. Hope you all are feeling better soon and can enjoy your vacation.