I just thought I would share this photo of Oliver because I like it a lot. It was taken recently during one of his favorite activities: tree climbing. What a handsome guy! :)
And another picture from almost six years ago...are they similar? :)
- Ó, nincs semmi gond, Olivér nagyon jól érzi magát, hamar beilleszkedett, jó képességű, látszik, hogy otthon foglalkoznak vele, stb. Nem magányos, de sokszor jobban szeret egyedül játszani valamivel mint bekapcsolódni mások játékába. A másik óvónénivel sokszor úgy látjuk, hogy ül a szőnyegen és álmodozik, elvan a saját világában és fogalmunk sincs, merre jár...
Nagyon örültem az óvónéni véleményének, de az utolsó mondatnál elnevettem magam, ugyanis nem viccelek, Matt anyukája szórul szóra így jellemezte Mattet mikor kisfiú volt!!! :) Lehet, hogy külsőre inkább rám hasonlít, de hála Istennek belsőre tiszta apja: rendkívül nyugodt, kiegyensúlyozott, szeretettel teli, álmodozó okos kis pasi! :)
This daydreaming look reminded me of an interesting thing. Last year after Oliver started pre-school I asked his teacher what her impression was, whether there were any problems with him, etc. Her answer was about the following:
"Oh, there are no problems, Oliver likes it at the school, he adapted quickly, he has good abilities, we can tell he has a good home background, etc. He is not lonely, but many times prefers playing by himself to joining other kids in their activities. I and the other teacher often watch him as he is sitting on the carpet, daydreaming, completely spaced out ... we have no idea 'where he is' those times..."
I was very glad to hear the teacher's opinion but started laughing when she said the last sentence as no kidding, these were the exact same words Matthew's mom had used when describing Matthew at about the same age!!! (right, Carol? :) Oliver may look more like me on the outside, but -praise God! - inside he is just like his dad: a very calm, well-balanced, loving, daydreaming smart little guy! :)
4 comments:
Oh I just love these pictures!! Can you email us the one of Oliver in the tree, I'd like to make a copy to frame. It's easier for me if I don't have to copy it off of the blog. Thanks Melinda - you don't know how much these updates mean to us. And I know after the new baby comes, Matt may have to pick up the slack :)
6 years already??????? It just doesn't seem possible. Cliche, I know, but really, wasn't I just holding him for the first time??????
Carol, hope we can work something out with the pictures.
Jen, yes, it doesn't seem possible! :) Think about it this way: Doggy was just a puppy holding the balloon happily and now he is an old retired dog! :)
Thanks Papa for the pictures! He took both of them!
Oliver loves this sour cherry tree. On the way home from the school he climbs up this three almost every day.
Post a Comment