Olivér nagyon szeret iskolába járni. A "szabadnapjait" (vagyis a hétvégét) sem várja, sőt, tegnap és ma is csinálgattunk feladatokat az itthoni gyakorlókönyveiből - puszta önszorgalomból. Remélem, ennek a lelkesedésnek a töredéke kitart az érettségiig! :) Nagyon klassz a tanító nénije is, tapasztalt (33 éves gyakorlattal ugyanabban az iskolában!) de abszolút nyitott az új módszerekre és nagyon szereti a gyerekeket.
Gondoltam, elmesélek két kis történetet Olivérrel kapcsolatban.
Az első, hogy nagy boldogan mesélte, hogy az iskola udvarán szóba elegyedett vele egy hetedikes fiú. Nem volt nagy beszélgetés, csak elmondták egymásnak, ki hányadikos, de Olivér úgy emlegette az esetet, mintha legalábbis a miniszterelnökkel folytatott volna személyes beszélgetést! :)
A másik kis esemény akkor történt, amikor Olivér visszament a suliba megkeresni az elveszett(nek hitt) sapkáját (vagy kabátját? pulcsiját? Ezekből ugyanis legalább egy tucatot hagyott ott az első hetekben, bár aztán meglett az összes! :) Bolyongott a folyósón, mikor észrevette, hogy két nagyobb (hatodikos? hetedikes?) lány figyeli és az egyik azt mondja a másiknak: "Nézd, de cuki!" :)))
Nos, én azt hittem, biztos megsértődött ezen (azt például nem annyira szereti, ha én cukizom...) de hót' boldogan és büszkén mesélte el! Anyukám szerint: "Na, elkezdődött, hogy a lányok cukinak tartják a fiadat! Készítheted a fakanalat!" Így is lesz!!! :))
Oliver loves going to school. He doesn't look forward to his "days off" (i.e., the weekend); moreover, yesterday and today we did a few tasks from his workbooks at home - totally his own initiation. I hope a fraction of this enthusiasm remains till his high school graduation! :) His teacher is great: she is very experienced (with 33 years of teaching practice in the same school!) but is absolutely open to new methods and loves the kids a lot.
I thought I would share two little stories about Oliver.
The first is when he came home happily saying that in the school yard he had a chat with a seventh-grader boy. It wasn't a big conversation, they only told each other which classes they go to, but Oliver was talking about it as if he had a private audition with the prime minister! :)
The second story happened when Oliver went back to the school building to look for his lost (and then found) hat (or coat? sweater? He lost about a dozen of these during the first few weeks, though they were all found later! :) He was wandering in the hallway when he noticed two older girls (sixth- or seventh-graders?) watching him. Then one turned to the other and said: "Look! He is so cute!" :)))
Well, I thought he would surely be offended by this (since he doesn't really like it when I call him cute...) but he was very happy and proud! As my mom put it: "See, girls have started calling your son cute! You can get the wooden spoon ready!" And I will!!! :))
4 comments:
I bet he really let his dimples show and smiled so nicely at them :) Grandma knows that he is cute too!!
His enthusiasm sounds like Amaeala's! She was the same way. She would get very upset if school was cancelled or delayed! She still likes school a lot (3rd grade!!), but doesn't get upset if she doesn't have to go! I hope it lasts for Oliver, too!
I mean Amaela! opps!
Carol, you are right: those dimples may work for a lifetime! I still remember hearing in my half-dead state when he was born the (female!) nurses going, "Oooh, dimples! He is so cute!!!" :)
Rona, it's encouraging to know that the enthusiasm can last (at least) till third grade! Let's hope for a few more years! By the way, it's time you learned to spell my possible future daughter-in-law's name! :))
Post a Comment