Saturday, September 20, 2008

1. zsoltár/Psalm 1

There is a Hungarian song written for the words of Psalm 1 that Oliver and I were singing the other day:

Blessed are those who do not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,
but who delight in the law of the LORD and meditate on his law day and night.
They are like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.

He really liked the "tree planted near the water" part, so he asked me to make a drawing about the song. Well, I did (no, I am not posting my picture! :). Then he drew a picture based on mine. You can see it below.

Van egy dal az első zsoltár szövegével, amit Olivérrel énekelgettünk nemrég:

Boldog ember az, aki nem jár a bűnösök tanácsa szerint
Hanem az Úr törvényéről gondolkodik, arról elmélkedik éjjel-nappal.

Olyan lesz, mint a folyóvíz mellé ültetett fa, amely idejében meghozza a gyümölcsét.

Nem hervad el a lombja, minden sikerül, amit tesz.


Nagyon tetszett neki a "folyóvíz mellé ültetett fa" rész és megkért, hogy rajzoljam le. Meg is tettem (nem, ezt nem fogom felrakni! :) Aztán ő készített egy rajzot az enyém alapján. Ilyen lett:
I think it's a pretty good one! The animals - just in case you didn't recognize them - are a fish, a duck, a bird and a mole. In this post, I pondered how I don't want my kids to be doomed artistically because of their parents' lack of skills in this area. Well, I think I can say now that at age 5, my child can draw as well as I can! From now on, he is teaching me! :)

Szerintem elég jól sikerült! Ha netán nem ismertétek fel, az ábrázolás tartalmaz egy halat, egy kacsát, egy madarat és egy vakondot. Ebben a bejegyzésben arról elmélkedtem, hogy nem akarom, hogy gyermekeim művészi pályafutása kudarcot valljon amiatt, hogy szüleik nem igazán tehetségesek ezen a területen. Nos, azt hiszem kimondhatom, hogy kisfiam így, 5 évesen, utolért engem rajzkészségben! Mostantól fogva már én tanulok tőle! :)

I told Oliver how I liked his picture and that I would like to keep it for posterity. Later we found out that he had got the camera out and made this little video! We had a good laugh when we watched it - hope you'll like it too! :) (the "watch me push, watch me pull" part is from a Thomas the Tank Engine book)

Elmondtam Olivérnek, hogy tetszik a rajza és szeretném megőrizni a jövő nemzedékei számára. Később vettük észre, hogy készített egy kis felvételt a fényképezőgéppel. Jót nevettünk, mikor megnéztük - remélem, nektek is tetszik! :) (a "watch me push, watch me pull" rész egy Thomas Gőzmozdony könyvből van)

5 comments:

aje said...

Great picture, Oliver, but I must say I REALLY love your video of your picture!!! :)

OK, that was HILARIOUS! O my goodness! He is so funny! I love the little excerpt from Thomas and then the emphasis on "old", he sounds like he is going to be great at dramatic reading/storytelling!

Jen:)

aje said...

Wow, funniest video ever!

Oliver clearly knows that he is headed for great things. Why else would he see the need to begin documenting his life already, if not for the benefit of those who will study him in the future?

Do you have any insight into why he choose to do this in English?

aje

m+m said...

I actually wanted to use the adjective "hilarious" when describing this video, but then I thought nobody else would find it as funny as we did! I am glad you guys did! :)

As for why he did it in English, I am not sure, Aaron. Maybe he thought Grandma and Grandpa and AJE would watch it! :)

The proud mother of the storyteller

kateeyoungen said...

Definitely hilarious!!! I love it!!! :-) Good job, Oliver!
Kathryn

Bristol Grandma said...

This is a great post. I love Oliver's documentation - great skills at only 5 YEARS OLD!! It is also a great picture Oliver.