In Hungary there are plans to change the highway code. This would include how drivers should approach pedestrian crossings (a.k.a zebras) without a traffic light, i.e. they would have to slow down to 30 km/h (just like at railway crossings) and stop even when a pedestrian is WAITING on the sidewalk to cross. According to current regulations, they HAVE TO stop if the pedestrian has stepped down from the sidewalk and is crossing the road. To be honest, I am a bit skeptical about the new rule. I am frequently in the role of a pedestrian in our city, which is not even the capital with crazy traffic, but only a county seat. I am on the street shepherding two minors, not to mention the bicycle, the motorcycle/stroller, the shopping bag and other accessories; therefore I can proudly claim that I am one of the special people to be taken care of on the road, together with the old man walking with a stick and the fellow-citizen in the wheelchair. And really, I don't want to complain: there ARE some drivers who stop when we are crossing the road. Moreover, there are some who stop EVEN WHEN we are still standing on the sidewalk and politely wave for us to go ahead. I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for their kindness.
This post, however, is not about kind drivers, but about those who zip through the crossing when we - and our fellow pedestrians - are on the road. Today something quite scary happened. I was on my way home with the above mentioned two minors (and our accessories). We were crossing the road on a zebra when a car approached from the right (which we couldn't see before as it was coming up a hill). We were at least half-way across and it was coming quite slowly, so I was SURE that it would stop. And guess what: it did NOT stop!!! I am not joking, the car was so close to us that it could hardly squeeze between us and the other side of the road! And I am not sure if the driver was just pretending not to see us but they were looking straight ahead as if they had not seen us at all!!! Augh, they must have got their licence from the black market!!! (Yes, I am purposefully not writing down the gender, not to offend anyone! :) My heart skipped a beat and I yelled at Oliver (riding his bike next to me) to stop! I am serious, if my child is a little less obedient (yes, I am praising my parenting skills right now), for Grandma's sake I don't want to write down what could have happened! (Hi Carol! We are all fine! :)
Epilogue: Oliver was quite disturbed by the whole event. When we got home, he asked the following question: "Mama, are blind people allowed to drive?" That's right! I had not thought of this possibility before! Maybe the driver was blind! In that case, I apologize for my sarcastic tone!!!
Thanks for listening to (reading about) my vent for today! :)
Tudomásom szerint módosul a KRESZ: többek között szigorítani fogják azt is, hogyan kell a gyalogátkelőhelyeket megközelíteni (le kell lassítani 30 km/h-ra mint a vasúti átkelőknél illetve meg kell állni akkor is, ha a gyalogos nemhogy lelépett, csak ott ÁLL a járdán). Meg kell valljam, hogy kicsit szkeptikus vagyok ezzel kapcsolatban. Sokat közlekedem gyalogosan házunk táján, ami ugye nem is az őrült forgalmú főváros, csak egy megyeszékhely. Általában két kiskorú személyt terelgetek (nem is beszélve a bicikliről, babakocsiról/kismotorról, bevásárlószatyorról és egyéb tartozékainkról), tehát mondhatom, hogy a "Vigyázzunk rájuk!" matrica szereplői vagyunk a bottal járó bácsi és a kerekesszékes polgártárs mellett. És nem akarok panaszkodni, tényleg VANNAK olyanok, akik megállnak, mikor a zebrán megyünk át. Akad olyan is, aki MÁR AKKOR megáll, mikor a járdán várakozunk, és előzékenyen int, hogy menjünk. Nekik ezúton is köszönöm a kedvességüket!
Azonban ez a bejegyzés nem a kedves sofőrökről szól... Hanem azokról, akik áthúznak a zebrán akkor is, amikor mi (és gyalogostársaink) már megkezdtük az áthaladást. Ma történt egy hátborzongató eset. Az említett két kiskorúval (és tartozékainkkal) haladtam át a zebrán, amikor jobbról megjelent egy autó, akit addig nem láttunk, mert a domb takarásában volt. Elég lassan jött, mi pedig már az út felénél jártunk, úgyhogy BIZTOS voltam benne, hogy megáll. És képzeljétek, NEM állt meg!!! Nem viccelek, olyan közel húzott el előttünk, hogy épphogy befért közénk és az útpadka közé! És nem tudom, hogy a vezető csak jó színész volt-e vagy TÉNYLEG nem vett észre, de úgy nézett előre, mintha valóban nem látott volna minket!!! Öhmm, jogsi az Ecseri piacról?? Tényleg megállt bennem az ütő és ráordítottam Olivérre (aki mellettem tekert a bicajon), hogy álljon meg! Nem viccelek, ha kevésbé jólnevelt a gyerekem (igen, most hazabeszélek! :), akkor...na, ne folytassuk Nagyi idegei miatt, jó? (Szia Anyu! Ne aggódj, jól van mindenki! :)
Epilógus: Olivér is eléggé megijedt az eset kapcsán, és látszott, hogy elgondolkoztatta a dolog. Mikor hazaértünk, ezzel a kérdéssel állt elő: "Mama, a vak emberek is vezethetnek?" Tényleg, erre nem is gondoltam!!! Lehet, hogy vak volt a sofőr! Ez esetben elnézést kérek a feldúlt hangnemért!!!
Ráadásul magyar olvasóinknak egy lefordíthatatlan Olivér aranyköpés. Étkezésnél megkérdezi: "Mama, azért hívják ezt majonéznek, mert banánból készült?" (Értitek?? Majonéz = majoméz, majom méz! Hahaha! :))
2 comments:
I am very thankful for good training and that Oliver was obedient. I think Oliver had a very good question. I know some blind people here that drive -- or at least their actions seem to show that they may be blind.
Szörnyű! Még így utólag olvasva is meghűlt a vér az ereimben! Remélem, hogy ilyen őrült csak egy van Tatatabányán, és soha többet nem fogunk találkozni vele!
Post a Comment